Adult Day Services
The Adult Day Services program is a community-based program designed to meet the needs of adults, who require assistance with functional ADL’s, through an individual plan of care. The program is open to anyone residing on the Southern Peninsula Service Area and who meets the eligibility criteria. HSC is an approved VA site for Veterans Services. It is a structured, person-centered comprehensive program that provides a variety of health, social and related support services in a protective setting. The program is designed to maintain or improve the level of cognitive/ physical capacity of the individual.
The intent of our services is to provide a method for participants to use their time meaningfully during each day. Building upon the supportive environment offered within an individual or group setting, the Adult Day Services Program works toward the following general goals:
1. To promote the individual’s maximum level of independence.
2. To maintain the individual’s present level of functioning - preventing or delaying further decline.
3. To restore and rehabilitate the individual to his/her highest possible level of functioning.
4. To provide support and respite education for families and other caregivers.
5. To foster socialization and peer interaction.
6. To serve as an integral part of the community service network and the healthy continuum of care.
Program services include the following:
· Lunch and an afternoon snack will be provided.
· Appropriate activities are designed based on the initial individual’s assessment and plan of care.
· We will assist participants with activities of daily living, which may include walking, eating, toileting, transferring and medication assistance.
· The health of individual participants is monitored by staff and documented into our electronic medical records.
HSC will provide Veteran’s Services
Physician Medical Directive required
VA Form 10-7078 required
1. Nurse Assessment
2. Completed Application Packet
3. Physician Statement & Consent
4. Plan of Care
For those who are 55+, we provide wheelchair accessible transportation with a required 24 hour advance reservation. Fees apply. Medicaid Waiver Transportation Accepted.